As a boy going up my life was closely connected with the sea. In Bermuda (the place of my birth) one is never far from it. As a matter of fact, the furthest one can get from the shore is about 1/2 mile.
|Flatts Bermuda....the small fishing inlet where I grew up.|
So what does this trip down memory lane have to do with our title 'The Net'.
The Net is a parable that Yahshua taught. It is told on this wise:
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.(Mat.13:47-50)
What is there to learn from such a simple parable?
1. Firstly, that the kingdom of Heaven is like a fishing net.
2. The net by inference must be none other than the Word of YHWH; the Gospel. For it is cast into the sea of this world.
3. The purpose of casting the net into the sea is to gather fish=people.
4. When the net is full; that is to say when the net has caught all there is to catch,
5. It is drawn or haul to shore; which I take to mean drawn to the end of probationary time for this world.
6. They which draw the net to shore are the those whom YHWH has committed the oracles of truth.
7. The setting down = a time of judgment ".... the judgment was set, and the books were opened. (Dan.7:9)
8. The good fish= 'just people' are gathered into vessels; meaning are given new vessels/bodies to inhabit. (Phl.3:21)
9. the bad fish= the wicked are cast away, that is to say to hell.
10. Angels sever/separate the wicked from among the just.
11. In hell there will be; wailing and gnashing of teeth.
12. The good fish never turn into bad fish; and, the bad never turn into good fish.
13. What type of fish is determined by the choice we make in regards to Yahshua and His infinite sacrifice for us at Calvary. Will we accept Him as supreme in our lives? Will we follow Him in all things? Will we endure to the end? Yahshua knows the answer to all these questions for you and me. He does not determine the outcome; we do, but He knows the outcome; Therefore,
14. " ....choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Jos.24:15
Until next time........
Shalom and Ahava In Yahshua